Here's the chili recipe I like to make. It's a really old one from Weight Watchers - old school program from the 1980's.
Ingredients1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
1 cup each diced onions and green bell peppers
4 garlic cloves, minced
12 oz. (340gr) ground veal
2-1/2 cups canned whole tomatoes. drained and coarsely chopped (reserve liquid)
1/4 cup tomato purée
1 teaspoon each chili powder and crushed red pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 oz. (about 1/4 cup) uncooked cornmeal
8 ounces drained canned red kidney beans
3 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 taco shells, broken into quarters
1. In 4-quart saucepan heat oil
2. Add onions, green peppers and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
3. Add veal and cook, stirring constantly, until meat loses it's pink color, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, reserved liquid, tomato purée and seasonings and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in cornmeal into veal mixture; cover pan and let simmer for 5 minutes longer.
7. Add beans and cook until thoroughly heated. To serve, transfer the mixture to a 1-1/2 quart serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and arrange taco shell quarters around edge of bowl.
Serving size: 4 servings - about 1-1/4 cups each