Instead of making resolutions, I list what I want to do in the New Year. It's important that it not be the "ought" list, but the "want" list.
|image via The Graphics Fairy|
Things I want to do this year:
Learn how to do at least three things that are new to me. I really believe that learning new things is good for the heart and soul.
- Learn about fabric design.
- Learn about screen-printing
- Learn how to convert a PDF book to a print-on-demand book through Amazon.
- Learn to build a piece of furniture.
Design a doll pattern that would be a fun one for mothers and grandmothers to make for kids.
Complete some projects begun in 2011
Begin a book
Begin a book
Go on a trip with my family
Improve one of the bathrooms in my house:
- Replace Floor
- Paint walls and cabinetry
- Replace toilet
- Paint woodwork.
Improve my kitchen - not all the improvements will be done this year, but we can do a few:
- Paint cabinets
- Install pullouts in base cabinets
- Replace countertop
- Figure out the peninsula, there's a bottlenck walking into the ktichen
- Apply molding to soffit
I want to enjoy nature more - as in do some easy hiking. This means leaving the house ;-)
This is not exhaustive. These are the first things that came to mind...
What about you?
What do you want for the coming year?